Register today! Entry fee: $38.00 (no additional registration fees!)
March 2nd Entry fee increases to $45!
- Start time 8:00 am
- 5K -Out and Back Course (all road)
- 10K -Loop course (a portion, approx. 2 miles, is gravel trail)
- Awards for top (3) males & females in each race
- Start & Finish at Satterfield Landing & Lark Ave. in Nags Head-OBX Soccer Complex
- Finish PARTY at OBSE to include Irish Stew-Sweet Potato Biscuits & Beer.
- "Get Lucky" Costume Contest! Win a OBSE Prize Pack!
- "Get Lucky" Runner Bib Drawing at the post race party! Cash Prize!
- Packet pick- up at OBSE from 4:30-7 pm on Friday 3/16 AND 7-7:45 am Saturday 3/17, Race morning
The Running of the Leprechauns was the original idea of Mike Kelly and hosted at Kelly's Restaurant & Tavern, every St. Paddy's Day weekend since 2008. This fun, green and grand race Started and Finished on site at Kelly's Restaurant. All Finishers earned medals and enjoyed Irish Stew and Guinness beer at Mike's restaurant while sharing their running triumphs with their friends.
2016 was the final year for Kelly to host this fun 5K/10K race. With the decision made to close the restaurant in 2017, Kelly passed the Leprechaun race baton to the event staff at Outer Banks Sporting Events.
OBSE is thrilled to carry on Kelly's traditional race. Sustaining the Irish theme, runner food and beer, OBSE will create a new race route and include the new “Get Lucky!” costume contest! Creativity counts in this wearin o' the green contest!
Make your friends green with envy! Get a green shirt, Finish medal, Irish Stew and Guinness at the post-race party! The podium awaits the first male and first female finishers of each distance.
Register today for the 2018 Running of the Leprechauns!
Visit the Facebook page for photos and more information!
COME FOR THE RACES AND STAY FOR
KELLY'S ST. PATRICK'S DAY PARADE ON SUNDAY!
Visit the Facebook page for fun photos and more information!